Current Website Specials Below: TENS Electrodes, Artrosilium
T.E.N.S. Electrodes (set of 4) $12.95 + Complimentary postage and handling anywhere in Australia.
What are T.E.N.S. machines?
T.E.N.S. is an abbreviation and then how the first innocent clinic impulses are for transcutaneous (meaning through skin) electronic nerve stimulation. It involves sending a small, painless electronic current to specific nerves. The result is drug-free pain relief and soothing to muscle stiffness/tension. Electrode pads are attached to the appropriate area of the skin and a battery-powered device generates electronic impulses at various frequencies. Low-frequency current is effective in relieving symptoms of chronic (long-term) pain, stiffness and numbness, while high-frequency current is useful for more immediate relief of acute pain.
How do T.E.N.S. machines work?
T.E.N.S. is believed to by two different mechanisms scientists believe that small diameter nerves carry pain ‘messages’ to the brain by the spinal cord. It is thought that the signals have to pass through a ‘gate’ to get there. However, larger diameter nerve fibres going through the same gate have the power to block the transmission of the pain messages in smaller nerves. It is thought that one of the ways T.E.N.S. works is by stimulating the larger nerve tissues which therefore blocks the smaller ones, preventing the pain message from reaching the brain. The second mode of action is believed to be a result of the stimulation of our own natural ‘pain killing’ chemicals called endorphins. There are many different kinds of pain and it effects everyone in a different way. Some users experienced pain relief only while the T.E.N.S. unit is turned on. For others, relief continues once the T.E.N.S. Machine is turned off. The best way to use the T.E.N.S. machine is to experiment with different modes, for example, soothed versus relief, alternate high-frequency and low-frequency.
Contraindication: Do not use cutaneous electrodes for stimulation (stimulation electrodes) if they have a cardiac pacemaker, implanted defibrillator, or other implanted metallic or electronic device. Such use could cause electric shock, burns, electrical interference, or death.
- Clean and dry the area where the electrode to be applied with soap and water prior to application.
- Attach the lead-wire connectors to the electrodes.
- Remove the electrodes from the storage liner, pasting from the centre. (The back of the instruction liner may be used for storage after use.)
- Place the electrode at the prescribed location by applying the center of the electrode first and smoothing down outward.
- Connect the stimulator (be sure it is turned off) and gradually adjust the output according to the manufacturer’s or a medical professional’s instructions.
- To remove the electrode, FIRST turn off the stimulator. Peel the electrode off from the sky gently for more comfort.
- Do not pull the pre-attached wire when removing electrode from the liner or skin. You may damage the electrode if you do so.
Care and Storage:
- For storage, the electrode may be placed on the back of the instruction sheet and stored in the supplied recloseable bag at room temperature.
- Cleaning process could be done before storing the electrodes. If it is necessary to clean the electrode while in use, allow 2 minutes for the water to soak into the adhesive before reapplying.
Call 9960 6166 to order your Electrodes. Please mention this website special.
Website Special Price
(Pickup at Suite 35, 600 Military Rd Mosman)
Was $52. Now only $39.00.
(You Save $13)
What is it?
Artrosilium is a gel or cream made from natural ingredients including natural organic Silica, blackcurrant and extract from Queen of the meadow. The combination of these natural ingredients provides relieve from arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. It is thought that the application of this cream to the affected area decreases and even removes pain symptoms in relation to the inflammatory condition. This can result in enhanced mobility leading to an improved quality of life and an increased ability to perform activities of daily living.
What does it do?
The beneficial actions of Artrosilium occur due to the natural agents (plants) used to formulate the gel. These include:
- Queen of the Meadow: This plant relives pain similar to that of aspirin, without the side effects of normal aspirin. This plant also induces the anti inflammatory process, contributing to the reduction in arthritic symptoms.
- Blackcurrant: this plant is known for and is effective in reducing chronic rheumatism and Arthrosis symptoms. The other main ingredient is natural organic silica. The action of this ingredient is vital for the maintenance of healthy joint and cartilage. Silica is abundant in the body from birth but the levels decrease as age increases. When silica levels drop bellow a certain point an individual becomes deficient in it which can lead to a calcium deficiency as well. Silica is found in the bodies connective tissues and is required for proper integrity of skin, ligaments bone and tendons.
The combination of these ingredients provides a sound gel used to treat pain, inflammation and promote healthy joint and cartilages in individuals suffering from arthritic symptoms and other inflammatory conditions.
- As mentioned above the benefits of this gel are effective and fast relief from arthritic symptoms such as pain and inflammation without the unwanted side effects of drug medication.
- This gel differs from many other pain relieving medications as it reduces pain by targeting and attacking the pain at its source. The natural ingredients are quickly absorbed through the skin providing fast and long lasting relief from joint pain without the presence of side effects.
MediGYM Suite 35, 600 Military Rd Mosman NSW 2088 Ph: 9960 6166