APA Code of Conduct
The APA Code of Conduct is one of the most important determinants of professional and ethical conduct for the physiotherapy profession in Australia. The Code of Conduct is a guiding document developed by physiotherapists for physiotherapists with the health consumer at the forefront. It is a public statement about professional accountability and is binding on all members of the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Professional Conduct Issues
Issues that may impact on the professional conduct of physiotherapists include:
• rights and needs of physiotherapy consumers
• informed consent
• personal responsibility for an individual’s psychological and physical well-being
• physiotherapists working with assistants or other support workers
• extended scope physiotherapy
• APA specialisation process
• business considerations
• mentoring and supervising
• general obligations of being a professional.
Download the APA Code of Conduct.
Taken from www.physiotherapy.asn.au.